We all know the phrase “New year, new me.” With 2015 just around the corner, why not apply that to your yard this year? Spending some time sprucing up your outdoor space will not only improve your home’s value but your own mood as well. Not sure where to start? Take a look at some of 2015’s upcoming landscaping trends.
Top Landscaping Trends For 2015
- Edible Gardens – Including vegetables in your gardens not only adds a beautiful pop of color but is functional as well. The beautiful shades of red tomatoes, bright peppers and berries, and other greens will mix seamlessly with other flowers and provide fresh food for your family. Mixing produce with flowers is a big upcoming trend for 2015 that many have already put into practice. Plus you’ll have plenty of treats to share with the neighbors.
- Sustainability – There are many plant options that are not only pleasing to the eye but are good for the environment as well. Drought tolerant plants will survive with little water needed. There are also flowers that attract bees, birds, and butterflies and helps their species survive.
- Water – Including a fountain or pond in your landscape will be pleasing to the eye as well as the mind. This current trend can help to relax after a long day. The gentle sound of water can also mask the noise of traffic or loud neighbors.
- Outdoor Living Spaces – Another growing trend of 2015 is creating outdoor entertaining spaces that feel just as inviting as indoors. Fire pits, grills, and even full kitchens are popping up in many landscape designs for 2015. These spaces are easier than ever to decorate and customize with new outdoor fabrics, made from acrylic fibers, that are fade-proof, water resistant, and available in many different color/pattern options.
- Privacy – Instead of putting up a large unattractive fence homeowners in 2015 are taking a different approach for privacy. A mix of trees or nice solid hedge will keep your outdoor space aesthetically pleasing while keeping out prying eyes.
With plenty of new options and inspirations to play with in 2015, spicing up your home’s landscape can be a breeze! Give yourself the outdoor oasis you deserve.