These are tips that you can take to the bank! If you want to keep your landscape thriving all summer long, then this is a must-read. We know that Maryland landscapes are tricky. There is a lot of trial-and-error involved in landscaping in general, but Maryland has unpredictable weather patterns. The humid summers and consistent rain may seem like a combination of chaos. But we landscaping professionals are here to reassure you that you can have a beautiful, lush, and long-lasting landscape.
A Guide to Watering Your Lawn
- Watering your lawn before the sun reaches its peak is ideal. After 9 a.m. is when it starts to become hot and humid. An intense sun can strip soil, flowers, and plants of all its nutrients.
- Instead of watering your lawn shallowly each day, try turning on your sprinklers once or twice a week. Why? The water will penetrate the soil more effectively this way.
- Understand your soil type. Knowing this information makes a world of difference relating to landscape maintenance. We landscaping professionals can help you with this.
- Keep grass blades sharp.
- The taller the grass, the more drought-resistant it is
- Hire us if you are unsure of how to mow your lawn effectively
Tips Relating to Weed Control
Weeds are worrisome. They ruin the aesthetics of a landscape, and quite frankly, damage a lawn. When misused, weed killers damage your grass. It’s always best to contact the landscaping professionals at Evergreen Gene’s for sound and expert advice. When in doubt, pull the gloves out, and pull those worrisome weeds out of your lawn.
Native Plants Are a Homeowner’s Best Friend
We’ve discussed native flowers and plants before, and we can not express enough how convenient and beneficial they are! Native plants adjust to and can handle Maryland’s crazy weather patterns. They resist disease, pests, and don’t require fertilizers. Plus, they are low-maintenance. They don’t need as much water, and you don’t have to keep an eye on them always. Native plants are also excellent because they provide food to pollinators, and boy, do we need our pollinators.
Hire a Professional Landscaping Company
These tips will undeniably help you. However, you could also hire us to make your life landscaping life less complicated. If you don’t have a green thumb or patience, you can count on us to create the landscape of your dreams.
CALL IN THE PROFESSIONALS FOR YOUR LANDSCAPING NEEDS
Evergreen Gene’s offers professional landscaping and hardscaping maintenance services through the state of Maryland. We are here to make sure your gardens and grounds look as beautiful as possible year-round. Interested in how we can help your garden look its best? Give us a call at (410) 766-6877 or visit us online. To see examples of our work and get more helpful gardening tips, follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Houzz, and Twitter.