The seemingly endless winter is almost over here in Pasadena, Maryland. Spring is right around the corner: March 20th to be exact. Before you know it, the weather will be warmer, the grass will be greener, and the flowers will be in bloom. However, before we get to that point it is important to prepare your yard for what’s to come.
Spring Landscape Maintenance
- Once any remaining snow has melted (check the forecast), lightly fertilize your lawn.
- This is the time when you should repair any dead patches, like that one spot Fido keeps digging up.
- Revive weak lawns by dethatching and aerating.
Trees and Shrubs
- This is the time to rake, fertilize, and groom groundcover.
- Remove any old mulch and re-mulch around the base of trees and shrubs.
- Prune any dead, broken, or diseased branches.
- Remove any old mulch and re-mulch.
- Plant cool-season flowers and vegetables, prune and plant roses, and plant fruit trees and berry bushes.
- You can also use this time to divide any overcrowded perennials.
- Cut back spring bulb foliage as it yellows.
Don’t Forget Your Hardscape
- If you have hardscape – decks, patios, and walkways – now is the time to do a little spring cleaning.
- If you have a deck, spring is the perfect time to apply stain or sealant.
- Spring is also the perfect time to repair any damage caused by Old Man Winter.
- Move any furniture out of storage so you can fully utilize your outdoor living space.
Professional Spring Landscape Maintenance Services in Pasadena, Maryland
We know you do not have time to waste gardening, mulching, pruning, and landscaping. So let Evergreen Gene’s do all of the work for you!
Evergreen Gene’s offers professional landscape maintenance services in Pasadena and throughout the rest of Maryland. Our services include mowing, raking, sodding, fertilizing, mulching, pruning, and so much more. With our help, your landscape will look its best year-round.
Click Here to learn more about the benefits of professional landscape maintenance.
Evergreen Gene’s landscaping services are also available for commercial properties.
Want to learn more about the benefits of Professional Landscape Maintenance in Pasadena, Maryland? Visit Evergreen Gene’s at our Glen Burnie location on Crain Highway. Can’t make it out but still have a question? Not to worry; call us at 410.766.6877 or click here today.