Does your Glen Burnie yard need a facelift? Are you trying to add value to your home? How about adding an aesthetic appeal?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, then hardscape services might be right for your Glen Burnie home. Hardscape can help elevate your outdoor living space to the next level while adding value to the property, which can help with reselling your home. However, there are a few items that Glen Burnie homeowners should consider when it comes to hardscape.
- Atmosphere- Begin by considering what kind of overall atmosphere you want to have for your outdoor living space. If you plan on having a high energy, entertaining atmosphere, consider hardscape elements like an outdoor kitchen or fire pit. If you want a more calm and relaxed atmosphere, consider pathways and fountains.
- Bigger Picture- You should approach your yard from a whole standpoint instead of looking at each by area. If you fail to see the larger picture when choosing your hardscape elements, you could be left with a disorganized and cluttered yard.
- Drainage- Adding new hardscape elements like walls and walkways can create an issue with draining. If water from rain or snow is unable to drain properly, your yard could begin to flood, which can lead to serious water damage to your basement and home.
- Shape- The natural shape and direction of your yard should be used when installing hardscape elements. Going against the natural slope or curve of your Glen Burnie yard could give an awkward look and could create problems during installation.
- Landscape- Hardscape elements should be used to highlight and accent the green in your yard, not remove it. Sacrificing landscaping for hardscaping can create a dull and unnatural look to your outdoor living space, which is unappealing and hard to enjoy. Try to find a healthy balance between the two.
Evergreen Gene’s has been keeping Severn residents green for over 50 years. We make sure our employees are educated so they will feel comfortable answering any and all of your gardening and landscaping questions. You can view our portfolio here to see some of our best residential work. Stop in during our business hours of Monday-Saturday from 8:00a.m. till 6:00p.m. and Sunday from 8:00a.m. till 4:00p.m. Give us a call at 410-766-6877 to confirm our stock of flowers or to ask questions. You can also fill out our online form here for more information.