Summer is packing its bags and fall is about to move into the Severna Park area. With the beginning of fall come the changing colors of leaves and the harvest of pumpkins and apples. However, many homeowners think of fall as the end of their Severna Park garden. They believe that fall means the flowers in their garden will wilt and their Severna Park garden will be left bare until the spring. What these homeowners fail to realize is that there are fall bulbs available to keep your garden looking alive.
- Dutch Iris- These bright flowers typically grow in varying colors of blue, purple, and orange. These flowers can grow in mild and cooler climates and can only fail in the coldest areas of the Western portion of the nation. Pair these flowers with ornamental grasses to create a meadow-like feel for your garden this season.
- Species Tulip- These tulips bloom slender and can come in shades of white and yellow inside and magenta and red outside. These tulips can grow just about anywhere and tend to bloom every year, even in colder temperatures.
- Darwin Hybrid Tulip- Of the tulips, these are the largest and tallest option. The blooms tend to grow in varying oranges and reds. Keep these blooms in your garden or cut them once they bloom to keep in your home vase.
- Parrot Tulip- Like the bright bird it’s named after, this tulip is known to bloom in bright shades with petals that have ruffled or feathered edges. Chill your bulbs before you plant them for a colder season.
- Apricot Daffodils- These flowers tend to bloom in shades of yellow and white with other hues of coral, salmon, and apricot. Plant these flowers along other shades of pinks and blues or plant in indoor pots.
Your Severna Park Garden this Fall
Evergreen Gene’s has been keeping Severna Park residents green for over 50 years. We make sure our employees are educated so they will feel comfortable answering any and all of your gardening and landscaping questions. You can view our portfolio here to see some of our best residential work. Stop in during our business hours of Monday-Saturday from 8:00a.m. till 6:00p.m. and Sunday from 8:00a.m. till 4:00p.m. Give us a call at 410-766-6877 to confirm our stock of flowers or to ask questions. You can also fill out our online form here for more information.