After spending countless hours in your garden, the last thing you wish to find are insects. But before you start squashing every insect you see, stop and consider if they are really out to cause harm to your plants. Contrary to popular belief, there are some insects that are beneficial to have in your garden. Of course, there are plenty of insects that are out to devour your plants, but there are other insects waiting to devour the pests.
Some of the best insects to find inhabiting your garden are:
- Assassin Bug- Groups of these bugs enjoy feeding on plenty of pests like beetles and caterpillars. Don’t try moving these bugs because they tend to have a nasty bite.
- Praying Mantis- These insects not only blend in with your garden, but eat anything they can get a hold of.
- Damsel Bug- While adult damsel bugs feed on insects like caterpillars and aphids, their nymphs are feeding on the eggs of the pests.
- Syrphid Fly- Don’t fret, these aren’t bees. These flies will crawl along leaves, including the curled ones, eating aphids. They also help pollinate flowers.
- Lady Beetle- These colorful insects help by feeding on scale insects, mealy bugs, and mites. Their larvae feed on pests just like the adult bugs, so make sure to keep these bugs around.
At Evergreen Gene’s‘ we provide you with all of your gardening essentials. Visit our Garden Center for all of your necessities from seeds to compost. If pests are still problematic, ask one of our trained employees about our stock of insecticides. We partner with the most reputable suppliers and manufactures to ensure you have only the best products to choose from. If you have always wanted a garden but can never find the time to start, look into our landscaping services. Evergreen Gene’s specializes in landscaping design as well as maintenance.
Want to get started today? Pay us a visit! We are conveniently located at 401 Crain Highway S. in Glen Burnie, Maryland. Our staff is familiar with all of our products and services your questions never go unanswered. Don’t have time to visit but want information? Call us at (410)-766-6877 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also fill out our contact form.
Find Evergreen Gene’s today on social media sites like Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.