Summer is the perfect time for growing some of your favorite vegetables! It can be a lot of fun, and with the right gardening supplies, you can make it a family activity. Our garden center is your go-to for great supplies, but how will you choose what vegetables to plant? It is a great time to plant those that require warmer temperatures and ample sunlight. Some of our favorites include:
- Cucumbers. Who doesn’t love the fresh taste of cucumbers? Whether they are in a fresh summer salad or pickled, everyone loves that classic “crunch”. Try growing cucumbers on a trellis to save space in your garden. Garden supplies such as this can be found in our garden center!
- Corn. Although growing corn does require a lot of space, it is always a summer favorite. If you’ve been growing sunflowers on your farm every year, why not switch it up and try growing corn instead?
- Zucchini. Zucchini casserole, zucchini bread, even chocolate zucchini cake! There are so many recipe options with this vegetable; we don’t know why you wouldn’t want to grow zucchini this summer. They are very quick to grow, making them a perfect addition to your garden – and to your menu!
- Tomatoes. Imagine freshly made salsa with juicy tomatoes straight from your garden. Tomatoes are a great summer vegetable because they require hours of sunlight at a time, and bring some color to your garden.
- Snap Beans. Snap Beans are great for snacking, so why not plant them in your garden this summer? Easy to grow and harvest, snap beans will be your family’s new favorite healthy snack!
At Evergreen Gene’s we will help you salvage your vegetable garden. Visit our garden center to pick up necessary items like top soil and compost to help you save your vegetable garden. If you have any gardening questions, make sure to ask one of our trained employees. Our staff is knowledgeable of all products sold in the garden center to better assist you.
Visit Evergreen Gene’s in Glen Burnie to help care for your vegetable garden today or call us with any of your questions at (410)-766-6877. You can also use our online contact form here.
Follow Evergreen Gene’s today on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+.