There are many ways to show your holiday joy. Now that you have finished your fall cleanup, showcase your spirit of the season with holiday landscaping. Why not brighten up your landscape with some holiday greenery? Holiday landscaping should be just as fun as decorating the inside of your home. Here are some holiday landscaping tips to bring your house to life.
- Hedges: Cut those hedges into a perfect shape to easily place Christmas lights on them. Hedges are an easy landing spot for string lights. Get different patterns of lights and the hedges will nicely compliment them.
- Pots: Place live trees in summer pots. The patio is a great spot for these. Small to medium sized Christmas trees on the patio bring fresh air to your doorstep. Pots can hold up other plants such as evergreens and branches. The positioning of the pots is key. The sides of a garage are a nice visible place to put down pots.
- Wreaths: Put Christmas wreaths on the door and place them on your mailbox. Hanging a Christmas wreath around your mailbox is easy. Just hook the wreath around the mailbox to add a warm welcome to your home. Window shutters are a cozy place for wreaths to hang as well.
- Garland: Garland is a versatile holiday accessory. It is made up of Christmas flowers and leaves. You can wrap it around the front door. Stairs are perfect for garland. Place it on the banister and add some ornaments to it.
- Window Boxes: Utilize window boxes. Window boxes give more space to put evergreens in. Add ornaments on top of the evergreens to add a holiday spice. Hang window boxes on as many windows as you can.
- Pine cones: Pine cones are simple but effective to bringing the holiday feeling. Set down as many pine cones on the patio as you like. Pine cones can be put on wreaths and garland as well.
About Evergreen Genes
In 1954, Evergreen Gene’s opened its doors in Glen Burnie, MD. The store functioned as a garden center that offered landscaping, lawn maintenance and hardscaping services. When you walk into our store, the selection of trees, flowers, and other shrubbery will amaze you. Our inventory has anything that a horticulturist like yourself could possibly want.
Evergreen Gene’s is conveniently located at 401 Crain Highway South, Glen Burnie, and is open during regular business hours. We are always happy to speak with our customers, so do not hesitate to give us a call at 410-766-6877.